Overview: Pearson Network Simulator
- Desktop software (boxed and downloadable)
- Primary Purpose: To enable learning about CCENT and CCNA topics
- CLI: A Simulator that acts like Cisco IOS CLI
- Scope: Primarily IOS routers and switches
- Lab exercises: 400+ labs integrated with interactive features
- CCENT product covers CCENT topics – that is, ICND1 topics
- CCNA product covers CCNA topics – that is, ICND1 and ICND2 topics
- Lab Types: Four types progress from basic to advanced
- IOS Licensing: Does not use Cisco IOS
- Usable by: Anyone who downloads
Analysis: Lab Exercises and the Sim
Are Lab Exercises Included?
Yes - Tons!
400+ CCNA Lab Exercises Integrated with the Simulator User Interface
Are Labs Easily Available on the Net?
No need to search given that product includes >> labs
Trusted authors of CCENT/CCNA labs?
Built by Trusted Authors and Organized with #1 Bestselling Cert Guides
Overall Usefulness for Lab Learning
Best combination of Learning Exercises Combined with CLI with which to Practice
Analysis: Time and Dollar Costs
Time Overhead: Very Low
How much time does it take to learn the software, choose/buy/install the hardware, to be ready to learn CCENT and CCNA topics? Lower number, speedier start!
Initial Cost: Medium
US retails prices usually run: around $100 for the CCNA Simulator, and a little less for the CCENT Simulator. It does not require other software nor extra hardware capacity.
Annual Cost: Zero
You purchase the product, so there are no ongoing license charges.